fwd: call for papers

Ulrike Zeshan ulrike_zeshan at YAHOO.COM
Tue Oct 23 07:13:25 UTC 2001

Dear colleagues,

I am forwarding the following message from Fitzroy Dearborn publishers.
They are in the process of producing a new encyclopedia of linguistics
and have allotted quite a lot of space to sign languages. It is
important to include sign languages in such works of a general
character to make sure they are adequately represented among the
languages of the world. So please take a look...

Ulrike Zeshan

ANNOUNCEMENT: FITZROY DEARBORN ENCYCLOPEDIA OF LINGUISTICS

Dear Colleagues,

In 2003, Fitzroy Dearborn Publishers will publish the Encyclopedia of
Linguistics, edited by Philipp Strazny. Our initial stages have been
progressing well since the inception of this project several months
ago.
Thus far, we have assigned over 80% of the book, and hundreds of
manuscripts
are now making their way through our editorial process. We are on good
course for our publication date of spring 2003.

We still have nearly 20% of our entries, including several on sign
languages, however, yet to assign. We wish to invite you to consider
becoming a contributor to this publication, and to spread word of this
project to qualified colleagues and/or graduate students. Please see
our
project website for more information:

> http://www.fitzroydearborn.com/chicago/linguistics

There, you will find a project synopsis, list of available entries, and
contributor information and essay request form.

We look forward to hearing from you.

With warmest regards,

Christy Prahl
Commissioning Editor, Encyclopedia of Linguistics
Fitzroy Dearborn Publishers
cprahl at fitzroydearborn.com

=====
Dr. Ulrike Zeshan
Research Centre for Linguistic Typology
Institute for Advanced Study
La Trobe University VIC 3086, Australia
ph.: +61-3-94673084, fax: +61-3-94673053
e-mail: u.zeshan at latrobe.edu.au, ulrike_zeshan at yahoo.com