sign databases

Ronnie Wilbur wilbur at OMNI.CC.PURDUE.EDU
Tue Aug 6 20:01:15 UTC 2002

Until I saw James' heads up about his paper with Jill, I wasn't really thinking
about what might be available - I have been scouring the house for almost 2
hours looking to see if I still have the printout of the handshape
frequencies,  etc. from the program Mark describes in his paper (on his web
site) - If it turns up, I'll let you know and make copies available.

Meanwhile, some frequency characteristics of the DASL and a vocabulary used
with AAC (Alternative and augmentative communication) are included in:

Shane, H. C. & Wilbur, R. B. (1980) Potential for expressive signing based on
motor control. Sign Language Studies 29: 331-347.

You can scan in the tables.

Ronnie