[DEAFACADEMICS-L] Sanskrit manual alphabet?

Mickey Jones DHSVRCV at DHS.STATE.IL.US
Tue Aug 20 20:44:14 UTC 2002

Does anyone know where Madan Vasishta is now ...possibly the DC area. He might be able to help.

Mickey Jones

>>> Rna8arnold at AOL.COM 08/20/02 02:45PM >>>
Sanskrit is a rarely used language as far as I know. Perhaps someone from
India could offer some suggestions? You could look at India Sign Language
fingerspelling systems. However I doubt if there are any Deaf who know
Sanskrit as it is used only by Sanskrit scholars and religious scribes.

Best approach is to work with your Deaf client on a system that works for
both of you.

Best of luck.

richard Arnold