Have and BE verbs

James MacFarlane jmacfarl at UNM.EDU
Tue Feb 5 02:50:53 UTC 2002

Adam,

Is there also a sign in BSL which is glossed as HAVE (its a 5 hs to S hs,
upturned palm)?  In the Brien dictionary it says that "if an E handshape is
used and the movement is sharp and repeated, while the top teeth close
repeatedly against the lower lip, the sign produced is  THERE-IS".  Or is
this the same sign you referenced below?  If its not, could you point me to
a description of the two signs?

Thanks in advance,

--
James MacFarlane