TISLR -8 (2002) ????

Ulrike Zeshan ulrike_zeshan at YAHOO.COM
Sun Jan 6 12:16:54 UTC 2002

Yes, bravo, you can count me among those folks! I would think UNM an
excellent site, I have been wanting to visit there but could never make
it...
Please do it.

Ulrike

--- Marlon Kuntze <kuntze at STANFORD.EDU> wrote:
> Yeah, I think some eyes have been turning to New Mexico and I believe
> some
> folks are wondering silently about it as a possible site for the next
> TISLR. I hope the folks there will take it to heart and start talking
> about
> that possibility.
>
> Lon
>
> At 02:00 PM 01/05/2002 +0000, you wrote:
> >James,
> >
> >I don't think anyone has agreed to offer the host the next TISLR -
> >there was a suggestion after Amsterdam that the next conference be
> >held alongside Deaf Way II, but I think I recall some reticence from
> >Gallaudet University (who hosted TISLR in 1998) to host it again,
> and
> >I don't remember seeing any offers from anyone else. There is a WFD
> >World Congress in Montreal in 2003, but they have also had
> >a TISLR there in 1996, so that also doesn't seem like a good option.
> >
> >Should we interpret your question as an offer or bid from the
> >University of New Mexico? :-)
> >
> >Cheers,
> >Adam
> >
> >----------------------
> >Adam Schembri
> >Centre for Deaf Studies
> >University of Bristol
> >8 Woodland Rd
> >Bristol BS8 1TN
> >United Kingdom
> >Telephone: +44 (0)117 954 6909
> >Textphone: +44 (0)117 954 6920
> >Fax: +44 (0)117 954 6921
> >Email: Adam.Schembri at bristol.ac.uk
> >Website: www.bris.ac.uk/Depts/DeafStudies
> >
> >On Fri, 4 Jan 2002 12:45:16 -0700 James MacFarlane
> ><jmacfarl at UNM.EDU> wrote:
> >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I seem to remember a discussion about the next TISLR being
> postponed
> > > or held
> > > in conjunction with the Deaf Way II.  Can anyone refresh my
> memory
> > > when and
> > > where the next TISLR will be held.
> > >

> > > --
> > > James MacFarlane
> > > University of New Mexico
> > > Department of Linguistics

=====
Dr. Ulrike Zeshan
Research Centre for Linguistic Typology
Institute for Advanced Study
La Trobe University VIC 3086, Australia
ph.: +61-3-94673084, fax: +61-3-94673053
e-mail: u.zeshan at latrobe.edu.au, ulrike_zeshan at yahoo.com