Movement Research in ASL

Mark A Mandel mam at THEWORLD.COM
Wed Jul 31 19:55:17 UTC 2002

I looked at a lot of kinesiology in my dissertation, and published a
paper in (the old) _Sign Language Studies_ on the tendon effect, the
link between finger flexion/extension and wrist extension/flexion,
respectively. Citations per Univ. of Hamburg Bibweb,
http://www.sign-lang.uni-hamburg.de/BibWeb/ :

       Mandel, Mark A.: Natural constraints in sign language phonology:
Data from anatomy. In: Sign Language Studies 8: 24 (1979) - pp. 215-229

       Mandel, Mark A.: Phonotactics and morphophonology in ASL. Ann
Arbor, Mich. : U.M.I. 1981 - ix, 303 p.: Univ. of California, Berkeley
Dissertation

-- Mark A. Mandel