Grammatical Gender in BSL

Judith Yoel judithyo at YAHOO.COM
Sun Jun 23 16:32:45 UTC 2002

Hello, My name is Judith Yoel and I have begun to look
at BSL as it used on the East Coast of Canada (brought
over my missionaries in the late 1700's) I am still
far from the stage of looking at gender, but when I
do, what do you suggest I look at/for? Judith
--- Trevor Jenkins <Trevor.Jenkins at SUNEIDESIS.COM>
wrote:
> Is anyone aware of reserch into grammatical gender
> in signed languages? I
> am particularly interested in gender studies in
> British Sign Language.
> Pointers to papers, tech reports, books, even web
> sites would be
> appreciated.
>
> Regards, Trevor
>
> British Sign Language is not inarticulate
> handwaving; it's a living language.
> Support the campaign for formal recognition by the
> British government now!
> Details at http://www.fdp.org.uk/
>
> --
>
> <>< Re: deemed!