Postgraduate Deaf Studies in the US

Jens Hessmann jens.hessmann at SGW.HS-MAGDEBURG.DE
Fri May 10 14:36:27 UTC 2002

Please reply directly to Silke.Brendel at student.sgw.hs-magdeburg.de

From: Silke Brendel
To: SLLING-L at ADMIN.HUMBERC.ON.CASent: Friday, May 10, 2002 3:16
PMSubject: postgraduate Deaf Studies in the US
 Hello,
I am a German student of Sign Language Interpreting at the University of
Applied Sciences in Magdeburg and after I will have taken my diploma in
summer 2003, I would like to take up further studies at an American
university in order to get to know the American Deaf Community and to
learn ASL.
Now I am looking for an university that offers Deaf Studies as a
postgraduate program. So far I have not been successful in finding one -
besides Gallaudet University. Are there any others?
I would also be interested in a postgraduate interpreting program.
I hope you can give me a hint.
Thank you in advance!
 Silke Brendel