tense in sign languages

Susan Fischer fischer at MAIL.RIT.EDU
Sat Oct 19 14:15:41 UTC 2002

Nihonsyuwa seems to have a past tense marker, signalled by the mouth
going "po".  It is distinct from the signed Japanese "ta" as well as
from the completive marker analogous to "finish".  However, I do not
know whether it is obligatory.
Susan Fischer

--
Susan Fischer                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           e-mail: fischer at mail.rit.edu
NTID/RIT        HLC-2420                                                                                                                                                 phone: 1-585-475-6558 (v/TTY)