Fwd: [Fwd: Individual Predoctoral Kirschstein - National Research Service Award(NRSA) Fellowships for Students]

Susan Fischer fischer at MAIL.RIT.EDU
Fri Feb 14 15:12:44 UTC 2003

FYI

Support opportunities for doctoral studies
Begin forwarded message:

> **********
> Program Number:   17559
> Title:            Individual Predoctoral Kirschstein - National
> Research
> Service Award (NRSA) Fellowships for Students with Disabilities
> (F31)
>
> Sponsor:          National Institutes of Health/DHHS
>
> SYNOPSIS:
>  The sponsor provides support for students with disabilities to
> undertake research training leading to the Ph.D. (or equivalent
> research degree), or the combined M.D./Ph.D. degree (or other combined
> professional research doctoral degrees) in the biomedical or
> behavioral sciences.  Eligible candidates must be citizens or
> noncitizen nationals of the United States, or have been lawfully
> admitted to the United States for permanent residence.  The F31 award
> mechanism will be used.
>
> Deadline(s):      05/01/2003
>                   11/15/2003
> Established Date: 02/13/1995
> Follow-Up Date:   02/01/2004
> Review Date:      02/13/2003
>
> Contact:          Walter T. Schaffer,
> Ph.D.
>
> Address:          Research Training Officer
>                   6701 Rockledge Drive, Room 6184
>                   Bethesda, MD 20892-7911
>                   U.S.A.
> E-mail:           ws11q at nih.gov
>
> Program URL: http://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/pa-files/PA-00-068.html
> Tel:              301-435-2687
> Fax:              301-480-0146
> Deadline Ind:     Receipt
> Deadline Open:    No
>

> Award Type(s):    Fellowship
>                   Training/Professional Development
>

> Citizenship/Country of Applying Institution:
>                   U.S.A. Citizenship (including U.S. Territories)
>                   U.S. Permanent Resident
>                   U.S. Non-Citizen National
>
> Locations Tenable:    Any/No Restrictions
>                   U.S.A. Citizenship (including U.S. Territories)
>

> Appl Type(s):     Handicapped
>                   Graduate Student
>

> Target Group(s):  NONE
> Funding Limit:    $0   SEEBELOW
> Duration:         5 YEAR(s)
> Indirect Costs:   Unspecified
> Cost Sharing:     No
> Sponsor Type:     Federal
>

> Geo. Restricted:  NO
> RESTRICTIONS
>
> CFDA#:            99.999
>
> OBJECTIVES:
>  The sponsor provides support for research training leading to the
> Ph.D. (or equivalent research degree), or the combined M.D./Ph.D.
> degree (or other combined professional research doctoral degrees) in
> the biomedical or behavioral sciences.  The intent of this program is
> to encourage students with disabilities to seek graduate degrees and
> thus further the goal of increasing the number of scientists with
> disabilities who are prepared to pursue careers in biomedical and
> behavioral research.  The proposed National Research Service Award
> (NRSA) training must be within the scope of biomedical, behavioral, or
> [...]
Susan D. Fischer                                Contact info:
Dept. of Research                               Phone: 585-475-6558
NTID/RIT                                                Fax:  585-475-7101
96 Lomb Memorial Drive                  email: fischer at mail.rit.edu
Rochester, NY 14623-5604                        Web: http://www.rit.edu/~sdfncr