Fingerspelling protocols

Karen Alkoby karenasl at RCNCHICAGO.COM
Mon Feb 24 00:29:24 UTC 2003

Hi, all!

I want to thank to some of you who responsed to me.   Several people had suggested me to take a look at "The Phonetics of Fingerspelling" written by Sherman Wilcox.

Here is the summary of list that I received, which some may not be related to what I am looking for. But, it may be helpful for some of you.

Armstrong, David, William Stokoe, and Sherman Wilcox.  1995.  Gesture and the nature

of language.  Cambridge:  Cambridge University Press.

Battison, Robbin.  1978.  Lexical borrowing in American Sign Language.  Silver Spring,

MD:  Linstok Press.

Brentari, Diane.  1995.  Prosodic constraints in American Sign Language:  Evidence from

            fingerspelling and reduplication.  In Helen Bos and Trude Schermer (Eds.), Sign

language research 1994:  Proceedings of the fourth European Congress on Sign

Language Research.  Munich, September 1-3, 1994.  Hamburg:  Signum, 39-52.

Klima, Edward, and Ursula Bellugi.  1979.  The signs of language.  Cambridge, MA:

Harvard University Press.

Padden, Carol.  1991.  The acquisition of fingerspelling by Deaf children.  In Patricia

Siple and Susan D. Fischer (Eds.), Theoretical Issues in sign Language Research,

Volume 2:  Psychology.  Chicago:  The University of Chicago Press, 191-210.

Wilcox, Sherman.  1992.  The phonetics of fingerspelling.  Amsterdam:  John Benjamins.

Cheers,
Karen Alkoby
karenasl at rcn.com