Taiwan info

James T. Myers lngmyers at CCUNIX.CCU.EDU.TW
Wed Feb 26 04:24:23 UTC 2003

Oh, dear -- it looks like I should have posted information about our
symposium on this forum a long time ago!  I had no idea people would be
interested outside of Taiwan.

None of the talks will be presented by Deaf people (though one of the
coauthors on my own talk is the fluent-signing hearing son of Deaf
parents), but all talks will have sign interpretation -- though only in
Taiwan Sign Language!  Since TSL is historically related to Japan Sign
Language, you might be able to pick up a lot of it, but I can't guarantee.
All talks will also have visual displays (handouts or overheads) with
Chinese characters, so that might help you to guess at the content as
well.

If you can make arrangements quickly enough (remember the symposium is
this weekend, March 1-2), you are very very welcome to come!  Information
on transportation and housing for the conference is available on the
symposium website.  Allow about 4 hours for transportation between the
airport in Taipei to our university.

James Myers
Graduate Institute of Linguistics
National Chung Cheng University