You might already have this...

Deborah Chen Pichler debica2 at YAHOO.COM
Wed Feb 26 15:32:21 UTC 2003

Hello! I notice you already have several responses to your query about the National Asso
for the Deaf in Taiwan, so this may be redundant information. I visited the Association
in the 90s through contacts with Wayne Smith and the then-president Mr. KU Yu-Shan (very
nice man- he's the one in the photos on the homepage of the conference website James
Myers sent you), who invited me to all sorts of activities with various Deaf people in
Taipei. From the Association's website (http://www.nad.org.tw/about/about_1.htm) it looks
like the current president is a woman named HUANG Jie-Fen (but my recognition of Chinese
characters is awful, so double check that), so you might try contacting her. It also
looks like the address has changed from Yen Ping 2nd Road to #217 Nan-Jing West Road, but
the same caveat applies about my faulty Chinese.

I hope you manage to make contact with the Taiwanese NAD one way or the other. Everyone I
met there was wonderfully generous with their time, and I hope to visit them again soon.

Good luck,
Debbie Chen Pichler

--- Mike Morgan <Mike.Morgan at MB3.SEIKYOU.NE.JP> wrote:
> Thanks James, for the information on the Taiwanese Sign Language symposiu.
> Unfortunately I won't be arriving in Taiwan until March 3rd ... so I'll just
> miss it.
>
> Also Thank you, Alsion, for the address of the National Association of the
> Deaf, Republic of China. I'll be sure to drop by there to see what
> information I can pick up.
>

> Mike Morgan
> Mike.Morgan at mb3.seikyou.ne.jp
James

=====
Deborah Chen Pichler
Department of Linguistics & Interpretation
Gallaudet University
800 Florida Ave, NE
Washington, DC 20002
deborah.pichler at gallaudet.edu