Cautionary tale from Trinidad

Nancy Frishberg nancyf at FISHBIRD.COM
Thu Jul 10 01:14:57 UTC 2003

This article is from today's Trinidad Express and can be accessed
directly with this (ugly) URL - take care that you get the whole
thing from http:... to =news.

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news.asp?mylink=2003-07-09\news\Mute%20pleads%20guilty%20to%20murder%20by%20mistake.htm&mydate=2003-07-09&mypage=news

I'm ignoring the old-fashioned use of the term "mute", and focusing
instead on the multicultural situation portrayed just from the family
names here!

Does anyone know the sign language situation in Trinidad & Tobago?  I
find it hard to believe that they use ASL.  I've also posted a
similar inquiry at CIT-L.

Nancy Frishberg  +1 650.556.1948  nancyf at fishbird.com