I need help!

Sarah Hafer charityh at COMCAST.NET
Fri Jun 6 14:41:27 UTC 2003

Do not give up both worlds! I am a Deaf person, and I cannot imagine not
being a bicultural person and not mingling with hearing persons whether
they can sign or not.

I cannot speak at all, but I suppose you can? Keep what you have and
make positive impacts on hearing people about yourself as a deaf person.
I love to gesture with non-signers as I look at it as an art way of
communicating. It is beautiful.

One good thing coming out of this attitude is you will be part in
helping close the huge gap we have between both worlds. Go build a
beautiful golden bridge if you can, smile.

Enjoy both worlds. :)
Sarah Hafer
Undergraduate Linguistics student
Univ. of New Mexico