Word Order at the Workshop on Sign Linguistics, February 2004

Myriam Vermeerbergen mvermeer at VUB.AC.BE
Tue Jun 24 14:42:48 UTC 2003

Dear all,

We would like to try to form a group to prepare a joint contribution on
the topic of word order for the "Sign Languages: A cross-linguistic
perspective"-workshop (see Call for Abstracts below). Our objective
would be to compare as many as possible different studies where word
order is analysed both:
-in declarative sentences elicited by the use of the drawings designed
by Volterra and her colleagues (1) AND
-in spontaneous sign language data.

If you have been studying word order or would like to do so and would
be willing to co-operate, please let us know as soon as possible.
Abstracts for the workshop have to be submitted by the end of July so
there is not that much time. Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Lorraine Leeson and Myriam Vermeerbergen

(1) Italian Sign Language: The Order of Elements in the Declarative
Sentence. In: Loncke, F., Boyes-Braem, P. & Lebrun, Y. (Eds.) 1984.
Recent Research on European Sign Languages. Lisse: Swetz & Zeitlinger.
p. 19-48.