non manual signals

Rebecca Orton rebaorton at YAHOO.COM
Thu Mar 27 03:02:30 UTC 2003

Hi Donald,
"A Comparison of Non-Manual Signals Among
Hearing, Hard of Hearing and Deaf Signers by Ruth
Tamar Jackson, Rebecca Orton and Peter Un" might
be helpful.  The webpage is:

http://www.geocities.com/rebaorton/rough.htm

There is also has a listing of mouth movements
that Vcom3D listed in their Sign Smith Studio ASL
User Guide in Appendix D that I consider to be
NMS as well:  BOP, PAH, SAM, VA-VA, GA-GA-GA,
STA, WHOP, FFF, PEY, AB, BA-BA-BA, BEY, FOMP, FA,
BA, FA-FA, WAH, AS, SA, BOA, LUP, PUH, MUM-MUM,
and OFF.  Danny Roush at dannyr at vcom3d.com would
be a good contact person to get more detailed
explanations of these mouth movements.
Reba

 --- "Grushkin, Donald A." <grushkind at CSUS.EDU>
escribi 3   > Does anybody have a list or has there
been any
> research listing all the
> nonmanual signals of ASL? While I know of many,
> I want to be sure I am not
> overlooking any.   I would greatly appreciate
> anything you can share with
> me, either on-list or privately.
>
> Donald A. Grushkin, Ph.D.
> Assistant Professor/Coordinator, ASL Program
> Eureka Hall Rm. 312 (Campus Zip # 6079)
> California State University, Sacramento 95819
> (916) 278-6622 Voice; 278-3465 TTY

=====
AIM & MSN: RebaOrton
IDIC: Diversidad Infinita en Infinitas Combinaciones