Academic discourse in sign language

Thu Feb 19 02:37:08 UTC 2004

This is from the LINGUIST List,
http://www.linguistlist.org/issues/15/15-563.html
Please do not reply to me.

   Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 10:27:38 -0500 (EST)
   From: Gillian Moss <gmoss at uninorte.edu.co>
   Subject: Academic discourse in sign language

I have been asked to tutor a module on Written Discourse Analysis for
a Colombian colleague who is doing PhD research on sign language and,
in particular, is interested in the possibility of developing academic
discourse patterns in sign language. My intention is for us to look at
the characteristics of academic discourse in general and at the
historical development of academic discourse in order then to look at
ways in which these characteristics could be developed in sign
language. I would be very interested to know if anyone knows of any
other studies on academic discourse in sign language.

Many thanks for your help.
Gillian Moss
Universidad del Norte
Barranquilla
Colombi

Subject-Language: Colombian Sign Language; Code: CSN