PhD Programs

Alysse Rasmussen AlysseR at AOL.COM
Mon Feb 23 16:22:49 UTC 2004

I'm thinking about going on for my PhD in Applied Linguistics with a focus on
ASL/Deaf Studies (or in ASL/Deaf Studies with a focus on Linguistics) ... I'm
pretty flexible :D

At any rate, I was wondering if anyone would be willing to share any advice
on what I should (or shouldn't) do or be looking for from the various programs
that are out there.  I've got a BA in Linguistics and an MA in Learning &
Technology.  Applied linguistics seemed to be the viable, but I really don't want
to end up with TESOL.

If you'd be so kind as to reply to AlysseR at aol.com (so I won't clutter up the
list), I'd really appreciate the insights.

Alysse