Lane's T

Dan Parvaz dparvaz at MAC.COM
Mon Jan 26 13:27:10 UTC 2004

> Any insights into how it's done?

I only have access to the reprint of Lane's article as found in _The
Signs of Language_, which seems to skip some -- okay, all -- of the
math. From my reading of the text, it isn't a 2x2, but a 20x20
confusion matrix for all the hand configurations being checked. At any
rate, the Miller formulae (which is what Lane used) can be found in the
first couple of pages in this paper:

www.stat.uiowa.edu/~gwoodwor/JackBootIT.pd

It's all that good Information Theory stuff that most CS programs
(including mine!) love to torture their students with :-) If you want
to talk about it, feel free to email me.

Cheers,

Dan.