List mailing is being treated as junk mail

Mark A. Mandel mamandel at ldc.upenn.edu
Mon Aug 27 14:12:40 UTC 2007

(As this is a matter of potential general interest, I am copying my reply to
the list.)

On Sun, 26 Aug 2007, Brian Riley wrote:

#Hi,
#  Somehow your e-mail ended up in my bulk folder.  You might want to let
#your friends know that they should add your address to their e-mail address
#book to prevent this from happening...
#
#  Brian
#
	[See bottom of email for the message Brian is talking about.]

I didn't send this message to you as an individual, and as a matter of fact
I did not recognize your name. I sent it to the sign language linguistics
list, which apparently retains the name of the original sender when
distributing postings. (I don't normally see that characteristic because I
subscribe to the list in digest format.)

You will have to configure your email to recognize mail with the address
line
	To: "Sign Language Linguistics List"
<slling-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu>
 as not being junk mail.

Alternatively, you may be able to have the list mail sent to you as coming
	From:  "Sign Language Linguistics List"
<slling-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu>
 instead of from the individual sender. Or perhaps that is something to take
up for the entire list with its maintainers.

-- Mark A. Mandel
[This text prepared with Dragon NaturallySpeaking.]

#"Mark A. Mandel" <mamandel at ldc.upenn.edu> wrote:
#Thanks to Lowell Winterbottom for posting a pointer to this on the LINGUIST
#List (http://linguistlist.org/issues/18/18-2480.html).
#