classifiers and the brain

Clifton Langdon-Grigg precipice at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 05:09:21 UTC 2007

I saw this poster a while back so my memory is a bit fuzzy on this
one, but I believe it compares fMRI scans for pantomime, nonsense
signs, and verbs (I think verbs=classifiers in this case, but I'm not
sure.)
Below is what I wrote down for that poster, hope it helps you Petra.
--Clifton

Title: Perception of Pantomime, American Sign Language verbs &
nonsense signs by deaf signers & hearing non-signers.
Authors: Karen Emmorey, Jiang Xu (NIDCD, NIH), Patrick Gannon (Mount
Sinai Medical Center), Susan Goldin-Meadow (University of Chicago),
Allen Braun (NIDCD, NIH).
Jose-Robertson, L. & Braun, A. (in press). Neural correlates of human
action perception in deaf & hearing subjects.