Signuno

GerardM gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 08:57:12 UTC 2007

Hoi,
I have read the article on Signuno on Wikipedia. It clearly explains why
Signuno is not a language. I agree with the argument that as Signuno only
tries to make Esperanto visible in signs, it is equivalent to writing
Esperanto.

Consequently as it is not a language, it does not make sense to consider a
language code under the ISO-639-3. It may make sense to include it under
ISO-639-6, here it is most likely to get a special status. Signuno may have
led to the existence of International Sign, however IS diverged from Signuno
and became usable in its own right, it has adopted from many sign languages
but is separate from all of them.

Thanks,
    Gerard

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Signuno