stuttering in signed languages?

Deborah Chen Pichler debica2 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 24 03:06:24 UTC 2007

This line of discussion made me think of one of our former students here at Gallaudet,
Geoff Whitebread, who wrote his undergraduate honors thesis on stuttering in ASL,
entitled "Stuck on the Tip of my Thumb: Stuttering in American Sign Language". I've never
read it, but I noticed that if you google his name and the words "stuttering" and "ASL,"
a link for a pdf version of his thesis pops up. Alternately, you could try contacting him
by email. His address is listed at http://honors.gallaudet.edu/x4293.xml

-Debbie Chen Pichler
Gallaudet Linguistics Department

Dr. Deborah Chen Pichler