MA programs at Hamburg university

Renate Fischer Renate.Fischer at sign-lang.uni-hamburg.de
Tue Aug 26 18:27:29 UTC 2008

Hello everyone,

I would like to inform you about recent developments at the institute
for GSL.

 From summer 2009 on, two MA programs willl be offered at Hamburg
university which are open to national and international graduates
holding a BA degree in areas related to sign language linguistics,
deaf studies or sign language interpreting.
BA graduates in other areas would be welcome subject to review.

Both MA programs contain activities of tutored research which may be
of particular interest to foreign students.

The main topics of the MA program "Sign Languages" are sign
linguistics and deaf studies/deaf history. The MA program "Sign
Language Interpreting" focuses on legal interpreting and on
interpreting at international conferences.

I would like to ask you to pass on this information to interested
students. More detailed information can be obtained directly from me
(mail: renate.fischer at sign-lang.uni-hamburg.de).

All the best,
Renate Fischer

Prof. Dr. Renate Fischer
Head of the Institute of German Sign Language
University of Hamburg
Binderstr. 34
20146 Hamburg
++49-40-428 38 6740