Kinship terminology in SLs

Kim Carlton Diez kcdiez at bellsouth.net
Fri Dec 5 12:26:26 UTC 2008

<<<I am out of practice and not at all sure of this, but I recall at least some
signers distinguishing male and female initialized 'Cousin' in this way, which
spoken/written French does (and with the same letter) but not English.>>>

As a certified interpreter of ASL and a budding linguist, I can confirm that this is indeed correct.

--
Kim Carlton Diez, BA, CI & CT

What lies behind us and what lies
before us are tiny matters