Kinship terminology in SLs

Ulrike Zeshan uzeshan at uclan.ac.uk
Sat Dec 6 08:01:54 UTC 2008

Another excellent recent dictionary I forgot to mention is the Ugandan Sign Language dictionary (I think 2006) by Wallin, Lutalo-Kiingi and other Ugandan colleagues.

Ulrike

Prof. Ulrike Zeshan
Director, International Centre for Sign Languages and Deaf Studies
Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
Livesey House, LH212
University of Central Lancashire
Preston PR12HE, UK
uzeshan at uclan.ac.uk
Ph. +44-1772-893104

>>> "Adam Frost" <adam at frostvillage.com> 05/12/08 9:20 PM >>>
As a native user and teacher of ASL, I can confirm that Mark is
correct in that some signers distinguish between male and female
cousins in the same male/female fashion he was talking about.

Adam