Sign-To-Text Interpreting (Was Interpreters as Typists)

Isabelle Heyerick isabelle.heyerick at fevlado.be
Mon Feb 25 09:38:31 UTC 2008

Hello Tom,

Interesting point you make about sign-to-text interpreting.

For as far as I know that is unheard of in Belgium. Mostly it is either
sign language - spoken language (and vice versa) or spoken language to
text.

Can you provide me with examples of situations where sign
language-to-text interpreting is necessary or preferred?

Thank you in advance,

Isabelle Heyerick