The sign and verbal classifiers

nedelina at visir.is nedelina at visir.is
Tue Feb 26 11:38:03 UTC 2008

Hallo

I would be grateful if someone can point at an artical og a work about the sign
in SLs from morphological point of vew.

I am also wondering if there is someone who has written about or discussed the
possible instrumental function of verbal classifiers (example. to cut with a
scissors, knife)? The dative in Icelandic for example has an instrumental
function. It seems to me that the function of verbal classifiers is a like the
dative´s instrumental function. There are not any comparative works on the
instumental function of the dative in Icelandic and the verbal classifiers in
Icelandic SL, that´s why I would be grateful to hear what do you think. Is
there a reason at all to talk about instrumental function of verbal
classifiers?

Best regards
Nedelina Ivanova