Harttford letters on auction

Dan Parvaz dparvaz at gmail.com
Tue Jan 1 10:53:19 UTC 2008

Dear colleagues,

At this moment, there is a series of  letters being auctioned  on eBay from
the American School for the Deaf in Hartford, Connecticut, USA. One of these
letters was by T. H. Gallaudet. While the content of the letters appears to
be of routine matters, they are a piece of Deaf history and should be
preserved. I have no idea who is selling these off, and who might eventually
"win" them, but I would rather that the letters end up somewhere where they
might be made available to the scholarly community. If any of us is in a
position to act, this might be a good time.

The auction can be found at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320199922208

With best wishes for a peaceful new year,

-Dan Parvaz