Question about two books being one... or two?

Barbara Gerner De Garcia barbara.gerner.de.garcia at gallaudet.edu
Mon Nov 17 15:45:27 UTC 2008

Adam's helpful link doesn't include the 1989 book which is a different book
with different content. I have both on my bookshelf and double-checked.
Here is the cover of the 1989 book.

Barbara
On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 9:20 AM, Sandrine Schwartz <
sandrine.schwartz at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello...
>
> I plan to buy one of Ceil Lucas' books (Sociolinguistics in Deaf
> Communities, 1995), but when browsing on Amazon to find this reference, I
> came with another result, by the same author, with a rather similar title:
> Sociolinguistics of the Deaf Community, 1989.
>
> Before sending this email to this list, I tried to retrieve any tracks of
> Lucas' books in Paris libraries, and I failed except for one book that I
> already have on my shelves. I also tried to find the solution to my dilemma
> on internet, and on Gallaudet University Press website: no clue to help
> me...
>
> So... My question is: are those two books the same (1995 being a reprint of
> 1989), are they similar (reprint, but with added chapters, if yes, to what
> extent?) or are they two totally different books?
>
> Thanks in advance for the reply!
>
> Best regards
>
> Sandrine Schwartz, PhD candidate in Linguistics, Paris 8 University.

Dr. Barbara Gerner de Garcia, Professor and Chair
Department of Educational Foundations and Research
Gallaudet University
800 Florida Ave NE
Washington, DC 20002-3695

Phone: 202-651-5207