REMINDER: African Sign Languages Workshop at WOCAL 6

Rezenet Moges rezearcher at erinad.org
Tue Aug 11 15:36:13 UTC 2009

Dear all,

We would like to send out a reminder about the Workshop of African Sign Languages, associating with the conference of World Congress of African Linguists 6 (WOCAL-6) at University of Cologne, Germany on Tuesday, August 18th, 2009. We are thrilled to have 12 presenters in this workshop and one keynote speaker in the conference. They will address some topics of this workshop on sign languages such as: imported and local sign languages, documentation and sign language corpora, signed language lexicography, signed language teaching, and signed language planning and standardization. Please view the schedule on our website: http://wocal6.erinad.org.

Revised information from the last announcement: It is now possible to register for this workshop separating from the conference of WOCAL-6 at only 20 Euros. Both
 International Signs and German Sign Language (DGT) interpreters will be provided. After the workshop, we will also have a wrap-up session on the following morning, August 19th.

If you have any question, please contact us at these email addresses: v.a.s.nyst [ at ] hum.leidenuniv.nl or  shane.gilchrist [ at ] gmail.com .

Thank you,
The Organising Team