99 automated replies

Mark A. Mandel mamandel at ldc.upenn.edu
Fri Feb 13 17:42:00 UTC 2009

Since Paul Cowley has said

> Message: 3
> Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 07:38:33 -0500
> From: Paul Cowley <PCowley at amtelecom.net>
> Subject: RE: [SLLING-L] WHAT'S GOING ON???
>
> Maree's subscription has been changed to reflect she no longer works where
> she was formerly employed.

I gather that further SLLING-L mailings will no longer trigger this massive
overreaction, so I will send this to our list now.

I have just sent the following to the webmaster at Maree Madden's former
location, with SLLING-L issues 19:6-14 included in the text (but NOT
here!). And yes, by my count there ARE 99 of those automated replies. The
total message to the webmaster is 126K. (If you're feeling nasty, you might
do the same... but I'm not suggesting it.)

-- Mark A. Mandel
    Linguistic Data Consortium, University of Pennsylvania