SLLING-L Digest, Vol 18, Issue 11

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 10:41:14 UTC 2009

Hoi,
Linguists are real people .. thank <include your favourite deity here> for
that. I know several linguists and as a group they are likeable people..
When I talk about real life purposes, I mean things like writing a shopping
note, chatting on IRC even writing a novel. Linguistics studies the use of
language and this may lead to real life conclusions. Linguistics is the
study of, not language itself.
Thanks,
    Gerard