semantics of sign language

Dan I. Slobin slobin at berkeley.edu
Mon Jan 19 18:35:11 UTC 2009

You will find numerous papers by Dan Slobin and Nini Hoiting on sign
language, including semantic and pragmatic issues, at
http://ihd.berkeley.edu/slobin%20sign%20language%20papers.htm.  The
Berkeley Transcription System (BTS) presents an
analysis of sign languages at the level of meaning components of both sorts.

Dan Slobin

At 03:06 AM 1/19/2009, you wrote:
>Hi,
>could anyone help me with any material on semantics and pragmatics
>of sign language, please? It could be in general or about a specific
>sign language. It could be an article, thesis, anything.
>
>Thank you,
>Estelita

Dan I. Slobin, Professor of the Graduate School
Professor Emeritus of Psychology and Linguistics

Department of Psychology        email: slobin at berkeley.edu
3210 Tolman #1650                 phone (Dept):  1-510-642-5292
University of California             phone (home): 1-510-848-1769
Berkeley, CA 94720-1650         fax: 1-510-642-5293
USA                                      http://ihd.berkeley.edu/Slobin