Livelihood Analysis of PWDs in developing countries

Soya MORI soya_mori at ide.go.jp
Fri May 1 07:28:38 UTC 2009

Dear All,

 On 7th of April, I announced as follows,

> I am vey happy to joiin the list and also would like to announce we
>recently published two reports for our research in 2008 budget year as
>follows..
>
>1.Soya MORI, Celia Reyes and Tatsufumi Yamagata(2009), "Poverty
>Reduction for the Disabled in the Philippines -Livelihood Analysis from
>the data of PWDs in Metro Manila-", IDE-JETRO

and

>2.Masayuki KOBAYASHI and Soya MORI (2009), Poverty Reduction for the
>Disabled in China - Livelihood Analysis from the Data of the Second
>China National Sample Survey on Disability", IDE-JETRO

 Now these reports are on our website and you can get these reports from
the following site for nothing.

http://www.ide.go.jp/English/Publish/Download/Jrp/index.html

 They are development studies and economics analysis.  However, as Deaf
researcher, I put some important data for the survey. You can find them
in the reports.

 And you can find some of pictures taken during the field survey for
the project with the following site though the captions are written in
Japanese language. The first picture is that of Filipino Sign Language
Signers.

http://www.ide.go.jp/Japanese/Publish/Periodicals/W_trend/200904.html#photo

 Please enjoy them.  We hope these analysis will help for policy-making
of improvement of livelihood of PWDs in developing countries.  It would
be one of very important issues for MDGs for PWDs.

 Thank you.

Best,

Soya MORI
日本貿易振興機構アジア経済研究所(JETRO-IDE)
新領域研究センター貧困削減・社会開発研究グループ
グループ長代理 兼
開発スクール(IDEAS)教授
主任研究員(Senior Research Fellow)
〒261-8545
千葉県千葉市美浜区若葉3-2-2
Institute of Developing Economies, JETRO
Inter-disciplinary Studies Center
Poverty Alleviation and Social Development Studies Group
Deputy Director & Professor
3-2-2, Wakaba, Mihama-ku, Chiba-shi, Chiba 261-8545
Japan
森 壮也
MORI, Soya
E-mail: soya_mori at ide.go.jp