SV: [SLLING-L] Looking for foreign co-operation

Sonja Erlenkamp sonja.erlenkamp at hist.no
Thu Sep 3 05:52:57 UTC 2009

Dear Nedelina,

Lífið er eins og konfekt, þú veist aldrei hvað þú færð!
"This is Norway calling" ;) One would think that Icelandic and Norwegian researchers had better contact, but here we are. Interesting project you propose. Tricky, but nonetheless interesting and important. Personally, I think that it is not possible to propose only one kind of root that fit all types of signs, but that is so far only a thought. I would definitely be interested in discussing the topic with you, also on the background of our (hopefully soon to be...) Norwegian Sign Language corpus project.
Can you contact me at:

sonja.erlenkamp at hist.no <mailto:sonja.erlenkamp at hist.no>

so we can discuss the matter more in detail and see if we can create some cooperation. BTW: Unfortunately I don't talk icelandic, but being as close to Norwegian as Icelandic is, I can understand some of it :)

All the best

Sonja Erlenkamp
Professor in signed language linguistics
University College of Sør-Trøndelag
7004 Trondheim
Norway