Etymology of Numbers in ASL?

Alysse Rasmussen, List Owner - Moderator TeachASLInfo at AOL.COM
Mon Apr 4 02:58:48 UTC 2011

I saw Kim Kurz Brown's husband give an interesting presentation on numbers
at a conference a couple of years ago.  If you post on TeachASL, I'm sure
someone could put you in touch with him.

Alysse  Suzanne Rasmussen, MA
Florida ASLTA President
TeachASLInfo at aol.com
_www.teachasl.org

In a message dated 3/29/2011 5:41:08 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
julie.hochgesang at GALLAUDET.EDU writes:

I'm  looking for historical information on numbers in ASL. I'm familiar
with  Liddell's work on numeral incorporation but am looking for the etymology
behind the number signs themselves in ASL. If anyone could send me any
references, it'd be much appreciated.

Best,
Julie

--
Julie Hochgesang,  MA
Instructor, ASL and Deaf Studies Department

Please consider the environment before printing this  e-mail.

_ (http://www.teachasl.org/)