Asia Pacific Corpus Linguistics Conference, Auckland, NZ Feb 15-19, 2012

Adam Schembri A.Schembri at LATROBE.EDU.AU
Thu Apr 7 03:36:11 UTC 2011

If any of our northern hemisphere sign language corpus colleagues are interested in attending the Asia-Pacific Corpus Linguistics Conference in Auckland, New Zealand next year (in February, the southern hemisphere summer), I might propose a one day workshop on corpus-based approaches to sign language documentation and description.

This would be a good opportunity to make other linguists in the Asia-Pacific region aware of our work (there are plans for sign language corpus projects in India and Japan, for example).

Please get in touch with me ASAP if you're interested in being part of a workshop. Abstracts are due by June 4, 2011.

Thanks,
Adam
--
Associate Professor Adam Schembri
Director, National Institute for Deaf Studies and Sign Language