Antw: Re: SL test

Franz.Dotter at UNI-KLU.AC.AT Franz.Dotter at UNI-KLU.AC.AT
Wed Aug 3 07:03:15 UTC 2011

Dear Riitta and all,

There is an EU-project called SignLEF (no homepage yet) aiming at an
adaptation of sign language courses to CEFR for Austrian, Catalonian and
Italian sign languages, led by Barcelona University. We will not develop
tests but are very interested to identify all people working/interested
in CEFR issues and to have an exchange of all ideas concerning equal
status for sign languages.

Best Regards

Franz Dotter

University of Klagenfurt
Center for Sign Language and Deaf Communication
Funded by: Provincial government of Carinthia, Bundessozialamt
Kaernten
Head: Franz Dotter (hearing)
Collaborators: Elisabeth Bergmeister (deaf), Silke Bornholdt (deaf),
Luzia Gansinger (hearing), Simone Greiner-Ogris (hearing) Andrea Grilz
(hearing, on maternity leave), Christian Hausch (deaf), Marlene
Hilzensauer (hearing), Klaudia Krammer (hearing), Christine Kulterer
(hearing), Anita Pirker (deaf), Nathalie Slavicek (hard of hearing),
Natalie Unterberger (deaf)
Homepage: http://www.uni-klu.ac.at/zgh
Deaf server (in German): http://deaf.uni-klu.ac.at
Fax: ++43 (0)463 2700 2899
Phone: ++43 (0)463 2700 /2821 (Franz Dotter),/2823 (Marlene
Hilzensauer), /2824 (Klaudia Krammer), /2829 (Christine Kulterer)
Email addresses: firstname.lastname at uni-klu.ac.at

>>> "Beppie van den Bogaerde" <beppie.vandenbogaerde at HU.NL> 5/30/2011
12:23 >>>

By the way: the link does not work? I need a password?

HI Riitta,
1)      We are currently developing (long term project) language levels
(CEFR A1 – C2) for Sign Language of the Netherlands (NGT). The aim is to
make one national test  for each level, for
production/comprehension/interaction. Hopefully these will come
available sometime around 2015. A1 and A2 are being developed now.
Probably we will make a test along the lines of the SLPI (Sign Language
Proficiency Interview) that was developed at NTID/RIT. We are making an
adaptation (NFA – NGT Functional Analysis)….  We are basing most of our
work on the descriptors made by Lorraine Leeson and her team in Trinity
College, Dublin, Ireland.
2)      In the Netherlands there is a test for spoken/written Dutch,
but nothing for SL for deaf immigrants.
3)      Yes, see 1).

See also the ESF workshop in Zurich in September this year ( by
invitation only) – but you may get some info there…

http://www.esf.org/activities/exploratory-workshops/workshops-list/workshops-detail.html?ew=10864

Good luck with your work.
Regards,

Beppie

Beppie van den Bogaerde I Lector Dovenstudies I Kenniscentrum Educatie
I Coördinator masteropleiding Dovenstudies/Leraar NGT I Instituut
Gebaren, Taal & Dovenstudies I Faculteit Educatie I Hogeschool Utrecht
HU I Padualaan 97 I Postbus 14007 I 3508 SB Utrecht I  kamer
3.093 I telefoon: *31 (0) 88 481 7266 I mobiel 06 508 24 110 I
beppie.vandenbogaerde at hu.nl I Skype: Beppie2008 I
http://www.educatie.onderzoek.hu.nl/Data/Lectoraten/Dovenstudies.aspx
Secretary to SLLS (Sign Language and Linguistics Society)
http://www.slls.eu/index2.php5

Kenniscentrum Educatie: http://www.educatie.onderzoek.hu.nl

Wilt u onze nieuwsbrief ontvangen? Ga dan naar aanmelden nieuwsbrief
Kenniscentrum Educatie (
http://hogeschoolutrecht.m4.mailplus.nl/wpzFJe46YK8t-1026-70249 )

LET OP: Per 1 maart is mijn telefoonnummer gewijzigd in:  0884817266
P Before printing, think about the environment