SLLING-L Digest links not working

Mark Mandel mamandel at LDC.UPENN.EDU
Thu Aug 25 16:17:54 UTC 2011

SLLING-L Digest links don't work for me. Is anyone else having this problem?

I would like to get the SLL-L mailings in digest format, i.e., about one message per day which is a LIST of the day's posts, with author and subject, and LINKS to the posts themselves. The LINGUIST List digest, for example, looks like this:

> LINGUIST List Summary: Issues Posted on Mon Aug 15 2011.
> 22.3238, Calls: Slavic, General Linguistics/USA
>
>  1) From:      Kate White < kate.a.white at gmail.com >
>     Subject:   9th Graduate Colloquium on Slavic Linguistics
>
>   http://linguistlist.org/issues/22/22-3238.html

etc.

Here is the Aug. 17 digest of SLLING-L as I received it:

> SLLING-L Digest - 16 Aug 2011 to 17 Aug 2011 - Unfinished
>
> Table of contents:
>
> Latest issue of Sign Language and Linguistics 14.1 is out
> Latest issue of Sign Language and Linguistics 14.1 is out
> Latest issue of Sign Language and Linguistics 14.1 is out (08/17)
> From: Josep Quer <josep.quer at UPF.EDU>
>
> Browse the SLLING-L online archives.

Three lines say "Latest issue of Sign Language and Linguistics 14.1 is out". The first and third are links (in my inbox; I don't know if they'll be links in this message). The first line seems to be a link to the third line, which is useful if there are many topics with multiple posts, and harmless in any case. But when I click on the third line, the one that says "(08/17)", I get "Error: No associated application could be found".

Kevin Matis at Valencia College has been working with Alysse Rasmussen to get the kinks out of the list, and as far as i know this is the only problem left. If the Digest works for other people, the problem may well be at my end. But if others are also experiencing the problem, knowing where it works and where it doesn't may help him (or us) get the problem fixed.

Mark Mandel