SV: SLLing-L -- to stay connected, respond to this email ... :)

Sonja Erlenkamp sonja.erlenkamp at HIST.NO
Mon Jul 25 08:05:34 UTC 2011

Hello to all of you from Norway,

you all might have heard what has happened in Oslo and on an island nearby on friday...The office of the Norwegian Association for the deaf is closeby to where the bomb in Oslo went off and I myself wasn't far away either. Fortunately as far as we know none of our collegues - deaf or hearing has been harmed, let's hope it stays the way. Some people are still unaccounted for, though.
In the middle of these darkest hours, I have to admit I was proud of the Norwegian system.Only a short time into the news on this disaster a message appeared on TV screens that all the news would be translated into Norwegian Sign Language! This is how it should be, but as we all know, it is far from common.

Additionally, I am proud to live in a country (I am not Norwegian myself), where people react to this act of hatress by standing together and showing that the most important thing one can do, when hate tries to destroy everything you stand for, is to show your love and compassion for each other.

Take care!

Sonja

________________________________

Fra: linguists interested in signed languages på vegne av Alysse Rasmussen, List Facilitator
Sendt: fr 27.05.2011 22:42
Til: SLLING-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACOLLEGE.EDU
Emne: SLLing-L -- to stay connected, respond to this email ... :)

Hi SLLing-L people!

Theoretically, if you reply to this email, you should be given access to the listserv's new home.

Why not say "hi" and see if it works. :)

When ever you answer emails from now on, just make sure that they say SLLing-L at listserv.valenciacollege.edu instead of the old email address and things should be fine.

(I hope, I'm traveling this weekend, lol -- that's like setting a jinx. :D)

Alysse Suzanne Rasmussen, MA
ASLTA Certification: Qualified
TeachASL www.teachasl.org <http://www.teachasl.org/>
IDI Administrator, RID Sponsor