a Linguistics of ASL question -- grammar

Agnes Millet Agnes.Millet at U-GRENOBLE3.FR
Fri Mar 4 22:34:46 UTC 2011

>I agree with Susan.
In LSF (French Sign Language) I observed that the first person subject is
also often zero.
It's very difficult now to say what is the word order in LSF because
topicalization phenomena are still poorly understood. Anyway the question
of the order of words is perhaps not so crucial in a spatial language ;
word's location in signing space seems to be more important (in LSF).
Agnès Millet
Université de Grenoble

 Yes, Don, I meant an implicit first-person subject.  Regarding EAT-FINISH