a Linguistics of ASL question -- grammar

Terry Janzen janzent at CC.UMANITOBA.CA
Tue Mar 8 03:21:53 UTC 2011

Erin Wilkinson, Kevin Russell and I at the University of Manitoba recently
applied for and received a Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council
of Canada (SSHRC) grant to begin developing a corpus of ASL in Canada. This
grant covers a two-year pilot project to record ASL use in a range of genres
including conversation. The corpus is to be an open corpus for which we
expect to have available on a website. We'd like to do at least a basic
annotation on the data. Terry

--
Dr. Terry Janzen, Associate Professor and Department Head
Department of Linguistics

(204) 474-7081
janzent at cc.umanitoba.ca