question about signwriting's configurations

Mark Mandel mamandel at LDC.UPENN.EDU
Mon May 2 21:30:09 UTC 2011

The "heel of the hand" is the lower part of the palm, next to the wrist (more or less quoting OED): the part of the hand that is analogous to the heel of the foot.

--
Mark A. Mandel
Linguistic Data Consortium