Special sign language issue of terminology journal

Reiner Konrad Reiner.Konrad at SIGN-LANG.UNI-HAMBURG.DE
Tue May 3 11:57:58 UTC 2011

Dear slling-members,

«eDITion», an international journal for terminology edited by two associations working on terminology (Deutscher Terminologie-Tag/German Association for Terminology and Deutsches Institut fuer Terminologie/German Institute for Terminology) intends to publish a special issue on “Terminological Aspects in Sign Languages and Sign Language Interpreting”. Previous issues of this six monthly journal can be accessed at http://www.dttev.org/editionmagazin.html (click on any icon to see the table of contents).

The publication of the sign language related issue of the journal is scheduled for February 2012, submission deadline for articles (in German or English) will be mid November 2011.

For all of you concerned with issues of interpreting technical terms, developing new signs for (existing) technical terms (in spoken languages), terminological aspects of sign languages, and the lexicology of technical signs, the proposed special issue offers an opportunity to publish a peer reviewed article and contribute to a collection of topic specific papers that will promote further discussions in the field of sign language terminology. Furthermore, the special issue is a welcome opportunity to make a range of theoretical and practical aspects of sign language terminology accessible to experts in the general field of terminology who have not been aware of specific sign language issues so far.

Please, send your proposals for sign language related contributions to the special issue on terminology to me directly (Reiner.Konrad at sign-lang.uni-hamburg.de). I will assemble your proposals and keep you informed about my negotiations with the main editors of the «eDITion» journal.

Best wishes,
Reiner

Dr. Reiner Konrad

Universitaet Hamburg
Fakultaet für Geisteswissenschaften
Fachbereich Sprache, Literatur, Medien (SLM I)
Institut für Deutsche Gebaerdensprache und Kommunikation Gehoerloser (IDGS)

University of Hamburg
Institute of German Sign Language

Binderstr. 34
20146 Hamburg – Germany