ASL Aesthetics: A Collection of Sign Language Storytelling and Poetry featuring Jer L. Loudenback

Rachel Hirshman signlanguage at YMAIL.COM
Mon May 23 03:49:46 UTC 2011

Sign Life
is proud to present
ASL Aesthetics: A Collection of
American Sign Language Stories and Poems featuring Jer L. Loudenback, M.Ed.

Get a sneak peak and view
clips on YouTube here!

ASL
Aesthetics examines American Sign Language (ASL) handshapes, the alphabet, and
numbers 1-10. As this DVD progresses, more advanced uses of ASL can be viewed
including ASL Poetry and ASL Storytelling. The 30 pages of detailed and
scripted ASL Aesthetics Supplemental Materials are structured in a discussion
topic format with activity ideas to incorporate into lesson plans. Discussion
Topics include: Acceptable
English Interpretations, Characterization, Classifiers, Facial
Expressions, Pantomime, Parameters, Activities, Voiced Interpretation Considerations (*Terp Tip*, Transitions, etc.), and ASL Aesthetics Tidbits throughout.

This
product can be ordered in the Sign Life Store here!

…and a
few more clips here!
Jer L. Loudenback, M.Ed.,known as Mr. Dennis Bravo from the Sign Enhancers, Inc.
“Bravo ASL!” Curriculum, is a native of Seattle, Washington. The only deaf
child in his family, Jer was educated in both oral schools and schools whose
teachers used American Sign Language. He earned a B.A. in Theatre Arts from
Gallaudet University and a M.Ed. in Deaf Education from Lewis &
 Clark
College. He has been teaching American Sign Language and Early Education for
more than two decades. He also worked in numerous Deaf theatre productions
including the National Theatre of the Deaf. He is presently working as an ASL
Instructor and an ASL Lab Coordinator at Flagler College. He lives with his
family in Jacksonville, Florida.