SV: ECML grant

Sonja Erlenkamp sonja.erlenkamp at HIST.NO
Wed Oct 19 16:34:14 UTC 2011

Congratulations! That is really great news. Well done!

Sonja

________________________________

Fra: linguists interested in signed languages på vegne av Beppie van den Bogaerde
Sendt: on 19.10.2011 17:13
Til: SLLING-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACOLLEGE.EDU
Emne: ECML grant

Dear all,

With pleasure, we would like to announce that our ECML project proposal "PRO-Sign" has been awarded. The main aim of the ECML project (2012-2015) is to establish European standards for specifying sign language proficiency in Deaf Studies and Sign Language Interpreting programs at institutions of Higher Education. Specifically, the project will (a) provide definitions of proficiency levels for signed languages, (b) provide an elaboration of curricula that focus on these levels with specifications of signed language curricula for L2 learners; and (c) develop a sample assessment kit for signed language proficiency. Ultimately, it will enhance awareness and inclusion of European sign languages and Deaf communities in European society. Further project-related details will follow in due course.

Dr. Lorraine Leeson, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland
Dr. Beppie van den Bogaerde, Utrecht University of Applied Sciences, The Netherlands
Dr. Tobias Haug, Interkantonale Hochschule für Heilpädagogik, Switzerland
Dr. Christian Rathmann, Universität Hamburg, Germany

The European Centre for Modern Languages (ECML): www.ecml.at <http://www.ecml.at/>

Best,
Tobias, Lorraine, Beppie and Christian