Facebook

Trevor Jenkins trevor.jenkins at SUNEIDESIS.COM
Mon Sep 19 16:50:14 UTC 2011

On 19 Sep 2011, at 17:28, Welsch, Brent wrote:

Rather than us each all proposing our favourite social networking
site -- there are many that have not been mentioned yet --- have we
asked and answered the one important question "why?" and its
subsidiary of "what for?"

Is there a need for a Facebook/LinkedIn/Bebo/+1/Tumblr/MySpace/
etcetcetc group? What would it be used for? Will its existence bring
anything to our discussions as sign language linguists? Can one have
a meaningful academic discussions in 140 characters or less?