Facebook

Dan Parvaz dparvaz at GMAIL.COM
Tue Sep 20 18:07:00 UTC 2011

Correct, a group already exists on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/signlinguists/

I had set it up because there are things I'd like to send exclusively to fellow
linguists, not because I was trying to supplant SLLING-L. That said, Facebook
does make certain things, if not easier, then available in the same place: event
calendaring, multimedia embedding, etc. And they do allow for longer texts, called
notes, which may be shared.

The downsides of such an arrangement are plentiful and known. But for people
who are already on Facebook the point is more or less moot.

-Dan.